"The want of plenty distracted you "

[Al-Quran; Sura Al-Kautsar]



So, which road should I choose now?

[Embark on the PhD train or disembark from the study train altogether]

Friday, June 24, 2011

Ramadhan Memory: Primary School 1

Friday, June 24, 2011
I skipped kindergarten.
After I went to pre-school, I directly enter the primary.
So, almost everything I learn in my year 1 [standard 1], i.e reading- rumi and jawi, calculating, and all the things that todays kindergarten students will learn. [I was shocked to see my nieces exercise books. They are like mine in standard 2! How advance!]

Poor them...
When I was in their age, I only need to play, be creative [i.e make a necklace out of rainbow macaroni or build a house from wafers] and play with paint till I got messy.
[Okey, enough with this story]

The experienced fasting during my first year in primary school was so hectic. Just imagine the school period is from 8.00am-1.00pm and continues at 2.30pm-6.00pm... [Two session; Two different schools]
Exhausting!

So, when the Ramadhan comes, my dad will give RM 0.50/RM1 for me to buy anything I like to eat for breaking fast... [Breaking fast when the sun is set, not sun still rise! :-P  ]
Hahaha... believe me, sometimes I make the sunset 'faster' then it supposed to... I bet some of you too!

++++++++++++ wink wink ++++++++++++++++++

Seduced by friends who did not fast.
Seduced by the chilled 'air sirap' [yang tak sesedap mana pun kalau diingat kembali.. :-)  ]
Seduced by the chilled ice-cream
Seduced by ...
Seduced by ...
Seduced by ...
...
...

Hmm. when I looked back to the list till the end, there's no nasi goreng or nasi lemak or mee goreng or laksa that I bought [seduced by].
So, I buy things not because I'm really really hungry [thirsty? maybe], but because of the junk-foods and the feeling to munch something [seduced by seeing others eating...]
What a waste... [of TIME for lying and acting TIRED back at home]  :-D

But if, [yes IF !] I do complete my fast [no cheating], I will buy drinks at the bazaar outside my school.
MENUS:-
Today: Air limau
Tomorrow: Air kelapa
A day after tomorrow: Cendol
2 days after tomorrow: Cincau
3 days ....
4 days ....
... ... ... ...
But the one I like to buy the most is Air limau!

And my mom/dad will say "Air ni kat rumah pun boleh buat... Tak payah la beli...."
Nope, I will still buy it the next day. Because it will taste more 'special' [Yeah right! Tak best la yang buat sendiri].  *wink*
Common child's perception. :-P

Well, eventhough I am 'GOOD' on acting tired when back at home, I do really sure that my parents know which child [from their 6 children] who is truly fasting without cheating.

Cause they are more experienced and knowledgeable after all... ;-)
Ok, continue next time... I suddenly got dizzy looking at these fonts...
Huhu..

p/s: Nowadays I become the 'experienced one' to know [or to determine] which nieces who really fast and cheat... Aimi and Tariq, you are exceptional [for the time being]  


And when they buy air limau, i'll say, "Tak yah beli air ni, boleh buat kat rumah... Kalau beli lagi, Mak Andak cakap kat ummi tak yah bagi duit lagi..."  Wahahahahahaha  B-)  [Eleh, macam le kome nak ikut cakap Mak Andak... ]




1 Roads Chosen:

unie said...

i think you've forgotten that aina finishes her school at 3.30pm hence there'll be no hawkers temptation :P dina? more or less the same huhuu

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

"where are you going? where are you going?
NORTH? SOUTH? EAST? or the WEST?
where are you heading? where are you heading?
TURN TO ALLAH is the best!
coz He is there wherever you are...
so turn....turn, turn to Allah
Allahu Allahu, jallaa jallaluhu"