"The want of plenty distracted you "

[Al-Quran; Sura Al-Kautsar]



So, which road should I choose now?

[Embark on the PhD train or disembark from the study train altogether]

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Ramadhan Memory: Pre-school

Thursday, June 23, 2011
When I was in pre-school, I was taught to fast and practice to wake up for sahur. But the funny thing was, my mom still provide me with a lunch box for my recess. ;-)

When the time to break fast comes, my dad will look at the sky and watch for the color of 'mega' while all my siblings and I will sit around the food; preparing to dig in!

I remembered my big brother's face during the iftar; so sour and grumpy because of too hungry to wait for my dad to give a green light for us to start eating. [Perhaps he didn't get a lunch box from my mom like I did :-P ]

"When will the 'mega' appear?" asked my big bro anxiously
"Soon enough..." dad replied
"Why do we need to look for the 'mega'"
"It's a sign of the sunset, and also sign that the Maghrib time is here"

That is some of the memory of Ramadhan during my pre-school time, we need to look at the color of 'mega' because there is no mosque to make an adzan there. [I'm referring to the place where I lived - Ridgedale Ct VA]

We can only rely on the time, calender and the nature itself...

Breaking fast; but my siblings consist of 3 girls and 4 boys
I can't post the picture of my brother's sour face, problem occurred  :-(

p/s: I bet we still remember how to read the time by using stick.. We can know whether it is Dzhur, Asr or Maghrib by looking at the shadow of the stick. Primary school teaching, still remember? ;-)

2 Roads Chosen:

mu'minah said...

childhood days; full of fond memories, juz too lovely to be remembered;)

tq 4 sharing yours!

tickled my feelings & made me smile=)

unie said...

yup, i can still remember abang in his black jumpers with his fierce & hungry face. ohhh.. how i miss the old days with mom around preparing us food :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

"where are you going? where are you going?
NORTH? SOUTH? EAST? or the WEST?
where are you heading? where are you heading?
TURN TO ALLAH is the best!
coz He is there wherever you are...
so turn....turn, turn to Allah
Allahu Allahu, jallaa jallaluhu"